Founder of Change Advisory I Board Member I Advisor Career Coach I Lecturer I Speaker I Podcaster
Connect with Ani
“Change is possible” podcast
I have been an international banking executive for over 20 years. I was involved in the original setup and ongoing management of three banks, including Citibank in Bulgaria.
My career took me to Bucharest, London, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Between 2015 and 2021, I was the Regional Chief Operating Officer for Citibank Treasury and Trade Solutions in Asia, covering 16 countries, including India and China. My focus was on transformation, digitization, and culture change. We won Euromoney Best Bank for transaction services three times during this period; We won various categories of the Global Finance Best Digital Bank awards each year since 2017.
Then, in April 2021, I decided to quit my high-flying job and try something different. The family and I left Hong Kong and moved all the way back to Europe. We live in Athens and created a completely different life.
Now I am building a “portfolio career,” which means running a “portfolio” of activities:
• Founder of “Change Advisory” to help financial institutions formulate and implement strategies for digitalization, ESG, and transformation of the corporate culture.
• Representing the University of Northern Illinois (NIU) in Eastern Europe; in process of opening Executive MBAs in Bulgaria and Greece; member of the NIU MBA Board of Executive Advisors.
• Investor and Board member in a Swiss start-up working on a turn-key AI solution for forklift teleoperation.
• Founder and host of "Change is possible" podcast devoted to career pivots
• Keynote and TEDx speaker
• Career Coach for career success and career pivots
• Board member of the Alumni Organization of the University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria
• Forbes, efinancial careers, Treasury today contributor on the topics of careers and payment trends.